The use of crystals for healing has been well documented. Crystals have been used as an ancient form of medicine for their supposed healing abilities that help the mind, body and spirit. Ancient civilizations believed that crystals promote the flow of good energy, help get rid of negative energy and promotes good physical and emotional benefits.
Crystal Healing is an alternative medical technique that uses crystals and semiprecious stones to improve people’s physical, emotional and spiritual health.
There is an ongoing debate on whether there is a real positive effect of crystals on a person since there is not enough scientific support or research on crystals’ healing powers. But many people testify and believe in the crystals’ ability to heal and improve overall health.
In crystal healing, practitioners believe that chakras will stimulate and promote healing by placing crystals in specific areas of the body. They believe that crystals are tools that can focus, absorb and direct energies towards a positive outcome.
There are several types of crystals, and each one has its healing properties that can benefit the person using them. It is important to remember that at the moment, there is no scientific evidence to support the use of crystals for healing. But for generations, people who practise Buddhism and Hinduism have been using these crystals to heal and improve well-being. They combine the use of crystals with reflection, mindfulness, acceptance and yoga.
Most Common crystals used for healing
Healing crystals come in different shapes, colours and sizes. People believe that each type has remarkable healing abilities. Here are some of the common crystals used for healing.
- Clear Quartz Crystals is also called a master healer. It is said to absorb, store, release and regulate energy. It helps in aural cleansing and problem-solving. It stimulates the brain and the immune system and supports other healing crystals. The Quartz crystal is also said to be great for all the zodiac signs.
- Amethyst is beautiful and abundant, and this purple coloured stone is said to help in purifying, protecting and healing people who use it. It helps get rid of disruptive behaviour, addictions, enhances intuition and increases a person’s spirituality. It also helps in overcoming headaches and hangovers and enhance third eyes chakra connection.
- Rose Quartz is a pink coloured crystal that helps restore harmony and trust to all kinds of relationships. It promotes self-love as well as attract love. Rose Quartz encourages respect, confidence, love and self-worth. It also supports circulation and heart chakra.
- Emerald is a crystal that is also called the stone for a successful love. It promotes focus and encourages sensitivity. It also fosters hope, renewal, growth and heals emotional distress and enhances the heart chakra.
- Citrine is used for its warm and optimistic energy. It prompted creativity and imagination. It helps get rid of negative energy and is beneficial for people with very challenging work. Citrine attracts prosperity and wealth and help enhance the crown and solar plexus chakras.
How to use healing crystals
It is essential to keep healing crystals close; its closed proximity alone can already bring benefits. While holding the healing crystals, mediating is also recommended, hold them with your hands and visualize light going through the crystals.
It is recommended to place them under the sun occasionally to recharge them. You can also put them in a salt bath to purge negative energies that they might have absorbed over time. But always remember that crystals are not magic potions but are tools that can enhance your strength and help you have suitable physical, emotional and spiritual health.